Super Visa Insurance | Free Quotes Online
Want to use this calculator on your site?
What is Super Visa Medical Insurance?
Every year, Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents invite their parents and grandparents to visit Canada under the Super Visa program, which requires medical emergency insurance. This initiative allows applicants to fast forward the application process and get approved for multiple-entry visa within a few weeks.
With Super Visa Canada, it has never been so easy to get your parents to come over to Canada and spend some time with the family.
Super Visa Insurance Requirements:
One of the official application requirements for Super Visa is an appropriate health insurance policy that has to be bought. Therefore, it is essential for the applicant to send a proof of Super Visa medical insurance coverage along with the rest of the documents in order to be approved for the program.
Super Visa insurance Canada policy ONLY provides medical emergency-based coverage excluding regular physical examinations, routine doctor and clinic visits as well as other associated cases of seeking medical attention that are not considered urgent according to a Policy Wording of a particular Canadian insurance company.
Super Visa Insurance Canada MUST:
– Be valid for at least 1 year
– Cover health care, hospitalization and repatriation
– Provide a minimum coverage of $100,000
– Be valid for each entry to Canada and available for review by a POE officer
– Be purchased from a private Canadian insurance company
Please, note that once you make a purchase, you should always carry a proof of your health care coverage with you on a trip.
Super Visa Canada: Program Summary
Parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens and permanent residents now have an alternative for visiting Canada. Starting December 1, 2011, they can apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, which is valid for up to 10 years and allows the applicant to stay in Canada for up to 24 months at a time, without having to renew their status. The good news is that most of the applications for the Super Visa are processed within a few weeks.
To be eligible for the Super Visa to Canada, the applicant MUST:
– Be a parent or grandparent of a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident of Canada
– Be admissible for entry to Canada
– Provide a written commitment of financial support from their child or grandchild in Canada, who meets a minimum income threshold
– Meet other certain conditions
To determine your eligibility, check processing times and apply for Super Visa Canada, please visit CIC’s website.
Super Visa Insurance: Application Guidelines
- Use our Super Visa Insurance Canada Calculator to see the options available to you from all Canadian insurance companies. You will be able to see the Super Visa insurance cost online on our website.
- From the list of quotes provided, choose a suitable Super Visa insurance Canada quote and click on the logo picture of a company on the right. Once you are re-directed to the chosen insurance company’s profile, you will see a detailed plan description along with Super Visa insurance price.
- Once you are transferred, feel free to click on “How to Apply” button and watch a Video Tutorial that will guide you through the application process. You may skip the video and click on the “Buy Insurance” at the top of the page.
- The final step is the application process and payment. Filling out an application form should take only 5 to 10 minutes. You will be asked to enter some basic personal information such the date of birth, effective and expiry date for the insurance as well as you address in Canada. All what is left is to complete the purchase using your credit card. Once the payment is processed, your Insurance Policy is sent by email within a few minutes.
Depending on a medical insurance policy, certain features such as eligibility requirements, Super Visa insurance cost, etc. may be different. However, we have done our best to make a comprehensive summary of health benefits that are provided by the Super Visa medical emergency insurance Canada.
Medical Examination is not required for any Visitors to Canada insurance policies, including Super Visa one.
– Hospital Accommodation
– Ambulance Services
– Emergency Air Transportation
– Emergency and Accidental Dental
– Prescription drugs
– Diagnostics and X-rays
– Medical Services and Hospitalization
– Repatriation (Emergency Home Return)
– Accidental Death and Dismemberment
– Visits to a Medical Specialist
– Follow up Treatment
– Nursing Care
– Medical Appliances Rental or Purchase
Side-trips to other countries are also covered under the Super Visa Canada health insurance as long as you are not visiting country of your origin nor any other place, where you are eligible for a Government health care. In order to be eligible for such benefit you MUST remain in Canada for certain amount of time depending on a plan you choose.
For a detailed coverage description please read the Policy Wording for the chosen insurance plan.
Frequently Asked Questions
It is also essential that the policy covers hospitalization, repatriation and emergency medical care.
This plan has been approved by the Canadian Government and can be used as a proof of medical coverage that is required for Super Visa.
If you did not find your question here, please refer to our General FAQ.
Request to Change Your Policy Dates
In case you have already purchased your Super Visa health coverage, but wish to come to Canada later, all you need to do is to fill out an application form below at least 2 or 3 business days before your policy period begins, and we will take care of it in a few minutes!