Request a Partial Refund if:
– Early Departure – return to your country of origin before the expiry date on your Manulife insurance policy. This particular refund is calculated from the day you have returned home.
– You become eligible for a Provincial medical insurance plan, while your Manulife policy is still active. Once you receive your government coverage, partial refund will be calculated starting from its effective date.
Minimum premium refund amount is $25. Refunds that are less than the minimum amount will not be issued.
Important Notice: Please note that in case you have a Super Visa, for which you have purchased an insurance policy for the duration of 365 days, and are requesting a partial refund due to Early Departure from Canada and:
1) No claim has been reported, paid or denied,
– Unused insurance premiums can be refunded when you request a refund and provide a satisfactory proof of return to home country / departure from Canada such as a copy of a boarding pass.
2) Reported a claim or have a payable claim, for which the insurer has not issued a payment, or the total amount of all reported and eligible claim expenses does not exceed the deductible amount on your insurance policy,
– You may apply to have such claim withdrawn and, subject to insurer’s approval, the unused premium may be refunded (less a processing fee of $300 per claim deducted from the refund amount).
3) Claim has been denied or paid,
– Premium refunds are not available.
Requests to cancel your policy must be received within 60 days following the date of you return home (along with proof of your departure from Canada). The insurer WILL NOT back-date a cancellation to a date more than 60 days prior to the date cancellation request was received.
If the cancellation request is received more than 30 days from the date you returned to home country, the insurer will require a copy of every passport page (for each person insured) to verify that insured people did not visit Canada between the date of departure from Canada and the date cancellation request was received.
Please read the section on Premium Refunds that can be found in the Policy Wording.