Manulife: Visitors to Canada Insurance
Summary of Benefits: Plans A & B
|Coverage Amount||$15,000 / $25,000 / $50,000 / $100,000 / $150,000|
|Accidental Dental Repair||$4,000|
|Dental Pain Relief||Up to $300|
|Childcare Expenses||Up to $300|
|Pregnancy Complications Coverage||Up to sum insured|
|Out-of-pocket Expenses||$150 a day up to $1,500|
|Paramedical Services of chiropractor, osteopath, etc.||$500 per category|
|Bedside Companion Transportation||Up to $3,000|
|Bedside Companion Accommodation||Up to $300|
|Private Duty Nurse||Up to sum insured|
|Follow Up Treatment||Covered until a physician declares an end of emergency|
|Prescription Drugs||Up to sum insured|
|Hospitalization||Up to sum insured|
|Emergency Medical Care||Up to sum insured|
|Laboratory Diagnostics / X-Ray||Up to sum insured|
|Ambulance and Transportation Services||Up to sum insured|
|Accidental Death & Dismemberment||Up to $50,000|
|Return of Deceased||$3,000|
|Cremation/Funeral||Up to $3,000|
|Repatriation||Economy Class ticket or Air Ambulance|
|Rental or Purchase of Medical Appliances|
|24-hour Travel Assistance Center|
|Trip Brakes and Side-Trips for Visitors to Canada|
Trips brakes are available for Visitors to Canada, who would like to visit their home country without breaking the insurance coverage provided by Manulife. Please note that Manulife does not cover medical care costs incurred in your country of origin. In order to be eligible for a Trip Break benefit you have to contact Manulife Assistance Center.
Side-trips benefits are also available for Visitors to Canada as Manulife covers medical care costs for emergencies all around the world, except for your country of origin and any other territory, where you are or can become eligible for a government health care plan. To qualify for and receive the Side-Trips benefits you MUST physically remain in Canada for more than 50% of time set on your policy period.
Policy Wording represents a medical plan description, which provides you with a detailed information about the coverage, exclusions, limitations, premium refunds and more. Please read this policy carefully before you continue with the purchase.
Click on the following link to download – Manulife Financial | Policy Wording.
Click to download a short policy description – Manulife | Visitors to Canada Brochure.
You are NOT eligible to receive medical emergency coverage from Manulife if:
– Age limit is not met. You are not yet 30 days or over 85 years old.
– Your physician advised you not to travel.
– You have been diagnosed with a terminal illness with less than 2 years to live.
– You have a kidney condition that requires dialysis.
– You have used home oxygen during the last 12 months (before the application date).
– You have been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease or any other form of dementia.
– You reside in a nursing home, home for the aged, other long term care facility or rehabilitation center.
– You require assistance with activities of daily living.
There are two medical emergency insurance plans available from Manulife Financial:
• Plan A: excludes coverage for stable pre-existing medical conditions.
– Family coverage is only available for Plan A (Up to 54 years old).
• Plan B: provides comprehensive coverage for pre-existing medical conditions that have been stable for the last 180 days prior to the effective date.
Waiting Period does not apply to any individuals, who have purchased their policies BEFORE arriving in Canada.
Waiting Period applies to any individuals, who purchase Manulife insurance policy after their arrival in Canada:
– 48-hour period if the insurance is purchased within the first 30 days of arrival in Canada.
– 8-day period if the insurance is purchased more than 30 days after arrival in Canada
Waiting period is applicable to all claims in case the insurance policy is purchased after you land in Canada.
A complete set of Coverage Exclusions and Eligibility Requirements are outlined in a policy document for Visitors to Canada medical care plan by Manulife – Policy Wording.
Note that no refunds request are approved in case you made any claims with Visitors to Canada medical emergency insurance from Manulife Financial.
Request a Full Refund if:
– An insurance plan from Manulife is cancelled any time before the effective date.
– Super Visa is not granted.
Request a Partial Refund if:
– Early Departure – return to your country of origin before the expiry date on your Manulife insurance policy. This particular refund is calculated from the day you have returned home.
– You become eligible for a Provincial medical insurance plan, while your Manulife policy is still active. Once you receive your government coverage, partial refund will be calculated starting from its effective date.
Please read the section on Premium Refunds that can be found in the Policy Wording.
In order to request a refund, please contact one of our Insurance Advisors.
Pregnancy Complications Coverage:
Limited pregnancy insurance coverage is provided ONLY up to the 31st week of pregnancy,or in the 9 weeks BEFORE the expected delivery date, for the following complications:
– Premature birth
– Abdominal pain
Important Notice: Pregnancy complications coverage is provided by both Plan A and Plan B offered by Manulife Financial. It comes as a supplementary feature to the standard package of medical emergency benefits.
Making a Claim with Manulife:
If it happens to be a medical emergency, you or someone on your behalf MUST notify the insurance company prior to making a claim in order to have it covered.
Manulife Assistance Center is available 24 hours and 7 days a week.
– Toll-Free – 1.877.878.0142 (within USA and Canada)
– Collect – 1.519.251.5166 (worldwide)
In order to proceed with a claim you need to do the following:
– Complete a Claim Form that either sent to you or you were told where to get it by Assistance Centre Representative, unless it is a Direct Billing, and attach all original medical receipts for treatment and prescription medication.
– Send the form with your receipts to the following address:
Manulife Financial Travel Insurance
c/o Active Care Management
P.O. Box 1237 Stn. A