– You must not have a medical condition for which a doctor has advised you not to travel.
– You are older than 14 days and under 86 years old during the entire period of coverage.
– You do not have a surgically untreated aneurysm.
– You are not eligible for provincial health benefits.
– You do not reside in a nursing home or require assistance with daily living activities.
– You have been diagnosed or received treatment for lung condition requiring the use of oxygen in the last 12 months before the start date of your insurance.
– You have been diagnosed with or treated for: Congestive heart failure, AIDS / HIV, kidney condition requiring dialysis, Alzheimer’s or dementia, pancreatic or liver cancer, any kind of metastatic cancer, condition requiring a bone marrow or organ transplant.
– In the 12 months immediately prior to the start date of your insurance you have not been: a)
diagnosed with or received treatment for any 2 (two)
conditions listed below; and b)
Admitted to hospital for any 1 (one)
condition listed below:
1. Coronary artery disease (including heart attack or angina)
2. Valvular heart disease (including stenosis, regurgitation or valve replacement)
3. Heart arrhythmia (including atrial flutter, atrial fibrillation, ventricular fibrillation or use of a pacemaker)
4. A lung or respiratory condition for which daily medication has been prescribed (including inhalers)
5. Diabetes requiring insulin
6. Stroke or mini-stroke (TIA)
8. Blood clots
9. Gastro-intestinal bleed